- About Us
- Contact Us
- Financials & Board
We are a 501(C)3 non-profit organization.
Serving Brighton, Fort Lupton and the cities and communities within Adams County CO, including unincorporated Adams County and southern Weld County.
From 1986 -1992, a shelter operated in the basement of St. Augustine’s Catholic Church. Every night for those six years, members from local churches brought food and volunteered for related duties.
In 1992 that original shelter closed. Through community and church collaboration, a newly incorporated Almost Home, Inc. began operating in a small house owned by the Episcopal Church.
We relocated to our 14-bed shelter in 1998. Since that time, we have provided services as a private, non-religious, 501(c)3 corporation. In mid-2003 we moved into our new 4,300 sq. ft. Office/Community Center at Hughes Station.
To prevent homelessness and provide temporary, transitional and permanetly affordable housing for those who are in need of assistance.
- To provide shelter for any family or person from the service area who may be homeless.
- To provide case management services to assist them in finding housing and improving their self-sufficiency.
- To prevent persons from becoming homeless through financial assistance.
- To work collaboratively within the community to seek long-term solutions to the homeless problem.
- To develop affordable housing for low to moderate income families living within our service area.